Sunday, October 3, 2010

Into A Baroque Future, AW2011


A few photos from my lookbook:
For my Autumn/Winter 2011 collection entitled “Into A Baroque Future” I blended influences from the past such as corsetry and Victorian Gothic with contemporary materials and techniques then infused it all with a wee bit of sci fi in a style I call Baroque Futurism.
The collection is sophisticated and sexy in its mood, yet grounded by its wearability and bound by impeccable workmanship.
Beginning with a dark palette I built on this by using metallic highlights, diverse textures and intricate handcrafted detailing. The dark colour palette is inspired by the night sky and each piece in the collection is named after a star or constellation.
I used beautifully soft lambskin leather, vintage brocades, printed cottons, metallic wools, fluid viscose jersey, silks, NZ possum and calf fur. Merino jersey and velvet feature together throughout the collection in figure hugging pieces with three dimensional hand cut and plaited panel detailing. Lacing and eyelet detailing add interest and intricatelytucked bustles feature on coats and trousers.
To compliment the clothing I designed and hand made dramatic three dimensional laser cut acrylic jewellery and accessories











No comments:

Post a Comment